Friday, April 3, 2009

My eleventh 23 Thingy Experience

I just had a look at delicious, personally I am not sure I would use it day to day for my own bookmarks. However I can see how it could be used in a library environment, for example I tagged the library website and the library catalogue and I found it interesting to see who else had tagged these sites, not that many but a few had. If you encouraged users to use delicious it could help in terms of statistics and finding out how many people use your site. Also encouraging users to add tags to various library resources, would give you an insight into how users described these resources and the kind of keywords they would use, therefore giving you an insight into terminology that could be used on the library website. Definitely a useful resource but not sure yet if I would use it daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment