Friday, April 24, 2009

My 13th 23 Thingy Experience

My spelling is getting so bad now, that I have given up trying to spell all the numbers of the Thingy's if that makes sense.

This week was all about wikis, I have to say it took me ages to get into this one. I did try to set up a Wiki using PBwiki, but that was before Claire's talk and initially I could not think of anything useful to use my Wiki for. I was thinking of putting design ideas for the library into a Wiki, not design on the building but design features we use electronically like the colours of the logos etc. However I am not really sure how useful this Wiki would be to anyone but myself but maybe I might come back to it someday. I found Claire's talk really good, it definitely made me understand Wiki's a bit more, and I think the cataloguing wiki is brilliant. Its a great idea to put a manual up electronically and the fact that is can be edited by others is really useful. I am also attending the LNSS training course on portals, anyone who is attending the course has to sign up to a wiki. Initially I couldn't see why but today the course trainer has asked us to update the wiki with feedback on what we would like to get out of the course. I would never have thought of using a wiki in this way, so it is all very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment