Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thingy 21

I am not a gamer and I can imagine if I ever tried to play a serious online game I would be useless, my hand eye coordination is pretty bad in real life to say the least. I tried to send a penguin to space online once, but he ended up belly flopping into the water, hopefully he was happier there!. Gaming is a very interesting topic and I found the lunchtime talk great. I can see how a whole generation of people who are gamers in their social lives will learn certain skills that I certainly don't have. However I don't believe at the moment there is any place for gaming in libraries, again I think it is crossing the boundary between education and social life. Also to design a really good educational game you would need to bring in some one who really knew what they were doing. I can imagine students don't really want to play a game to learn something, it would be better if the learning was something they didn't realise they were learning like the hand eye coordination, I am sure that could be expressed in far fancier language but hopefully you get my drift!

1 comment:

  1. All penguins should be blasted in to space .... they are trying to take over the world......I refer you to "Madagascar"..... scarey stuff.

    ReplyDelete