Friday, May 8, 2009

Thingy 18

I have had a facebook account for a while now, I had never used it for work just for social stuff. I don't really see a place for social networking sites and academic libraries, I could see library staff setting up a social network amongst themselves but not with users. To me it is a bit like the library wanted to have a presence in a pub, when students are doing social things, I doubt they ever think of the library. However I am not really a social network type of person, I lost interest in facebook fairly quickly even as a social place, so maybe it is just me. The one thing I really dislike about facebook are all the applications, you seem to have to download an application for everything. Someone recommended Ning as a good network for work colleagues and that doesn't seem to have as many applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment